Monday 15 April 2013

Beauty of Small Things!


How I love small things! Most people often hunger for the big things in life and they make people like me feel small and unambitious, but I have learnt better. In the search for the big things of life we ignore the small things that hold the key to big things.
We are so into getting the next big job and fail to appreciate our current job which is the key to the next big one.

We are so eager to get into a relationship and get married! We miss out on being ourselves and enjoying the power of being in control and figuring ourselves out!
And when we get married! We miss out on our marriages because we want to make more money to make the home comfortable.

We miss out on our children’s childhood because we want them to have a great adult life. Meanwhile their great adult life is locked in the quality of childhood we give them. I must mention that a great childhood has nothing to do with void luxurious lifestyles but quality time and teaching right values.
People want to have big faith without small faith, yet Jesus said, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed you will say to the mountain move can be ye cast into the sea and so it shall be!

We live in a world that has lost the value of taking comfort in the small things money cannot buy. So we are constantly living under the pressure to make it BIG!
In all of these things I have taken a back seat to re-evaluate things and my conclusion is that I love small things!

I love Small Things because;
·         Small reminds me of beginnings; and though my beginnings may be small surely my latter end shall be great!

·         Small reminds me of Seeds, no seed is as big as the tree it carries inside. The Mustard seed is a proof! And you know what, Seed time and Harvest time never ceases!

·         Small speaks to me about potentials, potential to grow.

·         Small gives room for mistakes that are manageable.

·         Small is the time to mature into managing BIG when it finally comes.

·         Small gives memories that make you stable when you get big.

I just love Small Things!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment