Tuesday 16 April 2013

A Better me!

Many times I have tried competing with people and failed.
Many years ago when I was a student in the University, I learnt I had only one person to beat and that person was the girl in the mirror whenever I looked into the mirror.

This knowledge transformed my life completely! It made me a friend to everyone, no bitterness, no foes! I sought each day to be better in everything I did. I shared willingly my discoveries in the library with friends and I was never afraid of anyone doing better than I did!

This attitude landed me on top of the mountain! It did not give me the best grades in all subjects, but it made me feel good with myself when I did well and also made me kick myself when I did not do so well. And I knew I got the best grade I worked for!

When I think about the fact that we are all unique and all can do things uniquely, I conclude that there is no competition! The only challenge is being the best person we can ever be!
Beat yourself to it, when you want to sleep a little longer than you know you should, because a little sleep, a little Slumber, a little folding of hands ...........
Resist the temptation to eat a little more than necessary! Take only what is required. (This is my battle believe me)
Take the hard road of self discipline! Every successful person has done this. Whoever will master anything must master himself first!

Learn you weaknesses and conquer them! Identify your strengths and build on them!

There can always be a better you and ME!

Much love!

1 comment:

  1. Nice 1 Lola, I never knew you could write & artculate words so well. I'm really inspired. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete