Thursday 31 July 2014

Life is a Drive I

Some years back it seemed like the only skill I needed to acquire to fix all of my life issues was driving. I just felt like if I could overcome my fear of driving, I would have every other thing figured out.
So I decided to enroll in a driving school, so my journey into the World on the road began.
Its been two years now and I must say driving really fixed a lot of issues and it also is exposing more issues.
Every time I am on the road, I learn new lessons. I have come to a conclusion that life is like a drive after all, you start when you are born and end it when you are dead, then you arrive at your final destination.
I have a good bad habit when driving, which is to always have a companion, my companion to an extent determines how I drive. Most times my companion is my Flash drive, it is filled with all kind of music and gospel talks (Called preaching). So when I am listening to the fast beat gospel jams, I drive faster than usual, I feel high and able! When I am listening to my slow beat jams, I am much more patient with other drivers. I also noticed that when I am listening to my talks my attitude gets better in the course of the day or week depending on what I get from the message.

Now when my companion is human, depending on who my companion is, sometimes I tend to chat all the way to my destination, or I drive to impress my companion, just to show how well I am now able to drive. Sometimes I am teaching or encouraging or learning from, my companion all the way.

I have found that your companion plays a great role that the quality your drive(journey) and who you are at the end of the journey. Your companion may differ at different points of your drive, at some point all you have are your parents and siblings, then you have friends, neighbours, then comes colleagues, people you share religious affiliations with, the person you choose marry, the God you choose to serve etc. Whom you choose to travel with determine a great deal how your fare.

I have found a Constant companion in the God I have chosen to serve. He stabilizes me through the journey and the perfect part is He is with me all through my journey even till the end.

For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Heb13:5b

Peace!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

2 comments: