Thursday 24 October 2013

Climbing Up


My life has been a very eventful one. Somehow I usually don’t miss out on the events; they have a way of sticking with me. Sometimes I think it’s just my hyper-active analytical mind, always processing events. So today I was having a discussion with a senior friend and it made me go down memory lane to one of my many life changing and defining experiences.

It was sometime in the year 2003, we were on an endurance trek. I remember some of the instructions clearly; Take only what is necessary and make sure all you have are necessities like your water bottle, money if you need to buy anything on your way and a purse to keep things like money, camera, phones etc. that can fall off.

I did not realize the power of traveling light until after about thirty minutes of walking. In a matter of time, the water bottle seemed like lead on my shoulder because of the stress of the journey. I wonder now what others who ignored the instruction must have felt like.

As the walk progressed we took a path that kept going up and up, I really didn't realize what was going on, I observed so many crying, saying I am tired, I cannot go any further. Interestingly I never looked back nor understood what their complaint was about, I just kept going, and by the time I got to the end of the journey and looked back I realized we had just climbed up some land-form that seemed like a hill. When I looked back I was in awe of what I had just done. Something I could never have accomplished if I tried to figure out what the whole walk was about from the beginning.

Here are the Lessons in Bullets
·         Keep going on towards your destination or goal
·         Don’t try to figure everything out
·         Forget about the noise around
·         Travel light; un-forgiveness is a big burden in the journey of life. Forgive all and forget.
·         Listen to the voice of the one who knows more about the journey you are on.
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment